To simply put it, a chatbot is a piece of software that is used to simplify the interaction between humans and computers. The main reason for creating them was to increase customer interaction and communication. However, using them in recruitment can prove to be more disadvantageous than beneficial.
- Chatbots have a fixed and limited understanding which makes them capable of having only a linear interaction, somewhat like an input-output machine.
- Chatbots make people uncomfortable as people feel that they are talking to machines.
- They are keyword-based, and can handle only simple questions and respond with prebuilt responses
- They do not have machine learning and cannot provide hints or prompts.
Conversational AI and Chatbot, are they the same thing?
They are often confused with each other and used interchangeably. But in reality, a conversational AI is an advanced chatbot that enables highly intuitive, effective and intelligent communication.
Why prefer conversational AI?
Unlike Chatbots that are designed based on limited data, Conversational AI can learn from past experiences and can make adjustments to accommodate new data inputs.
Conversational AI can understand the intent when conversing with people and can, therefore, make the process more engaging and interactive as opposed to chatbots that cannot mimic human-like interaction in a natural way.
Conversational AI assistants can incorporate sentiment and emotion, as it can learn and understand the context thus providing for a great customer experience, whereas chatbots can lead to customer frustration as they can only offer limited help/conversation
Why is AskLua's conversational AI the best option?
Our conversational AI, Lua can,
- Conduct Skill Based Interviews
- Answer candidate questions
- Have engaging conversations
- Provide Hints and Prompts
- Be Interactive